Subject: RE: [Leica] Bokeh controversy
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:56:29 -0500

I think we have a consensus on these fine bokeh performers.  And there is
general agreement on those lenses that have harsher bokeh--some of the
latest asph M lenses among them.

An interesting list to form would be those few lenses that seem to offer the
best of both worlds (for us fence-straddlers!): uncompromising resolution
and contrast, smooth tones, and bokeh that doesn't distract.

Here's my first (completely inexperienced, though somewhat informed) stab at
such a list:

Leica M
28/2.8 elmarit
35/2 asph
50/2 summicron (current)
75/1.4
90/2.8 (current)?
135/3.5 apo?

Leica R
60/2.8 macro
180/3.4 telyt

Canon EOS
85/1.2L
135/2L

No idea about Nikon and others, but it's an interesting study.

Dan