Subject: Re: [Leica] Happy New Year! :-)
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 10:37:38 +0000

Friends,

Happy New Year to all!

The first day of the previous Millennium was 10 centuries ago on 1.1.1001.
That was long ago, at the brink of the Crusades, 200 years before Kublai
Khan, even before Angkor Wat, 500 years before the middle ages and Black
death (bubonic plague) epidemic, 600 years before the industrial
revolution, 800 years before Napoleon, and centuries before the discovery
of America by Amerigo Vespucci, just to mention a few. All these guys never
experienced the turn of the Millennium and we are all so privileged to be
on the brink of world history and calendar timing.

The thought of it all, as I reflect upon the matter, is awesome.

Dan K.
p.s. Can a Leica last one Millennium?

     When the going gets too easy, one may be going downhill.