Subject: RE: [Leica] two sample images of great bokeh
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 02:55:55 -0500

Joe,

> A portrait of a person with a tree growing out of the back of the head
> cannot be helped by all the bokeh in the world.

Absolutely.

> It amazes me how many intelligent people can have emotional orgasms over
> that portion of a photograph that happens to be out of focus.

I think this must be a side-effect to communicating by email: whatever gets
stated often seems exaggerated somehow.

As an example, your request to . . .

> Give me some slack and happy the new year.

. . . strikes me as odd, but not unusual--Ted had a similar reaction, for
instance--given what I posted, which was just some sample images to
illustrate different kinds of bokeh.  I've never meant to imply that you or
any other LUGger needs to fret over this or that there is something wrong if
you do not.

For me, and apparently a few others, the bokeh characteristics of Leica (and
other) lenses is an intriguing subject worthy of some attention.  If it's of
no interest to you, however, kindly disregard and move on--there is no
attempt to force these observations upon anyone here.

Hope this provides the slack, and best wishes for a happy new year.

Dan