Subject: [Leica] Re: exploring the limits (part 3)
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 12:54:35 -0800

>There has been much lamenting recently about APX 25 no longer being
>manufactured. I have not been able to understand why people should be
>so upset about this, but obviously the Agfa people came to the same
>conclusion as you Erwin.

For me, anyway, it's not just a matter of film resolution. I like the
look of APX25. I overexpose it a stop and pull it in development with
Rodinal and I get negatives that I like!

The world is a poorer place when there is a smaller choice in film stocks.

As far as film nostalgia goes, I'm sure it would be really easy to get a
"Panatomic X" thread going, for example.

Byron.