Subject: [Leica] exploring the limits
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 02:53:46 +0100

Erwin, how did you find out that Gigabitfilm is plain Agfa Copex? I am
not that much surprised , since it was evident that Gigabitfilm
manufacturing is subcontracted to a major film maker. I understand
making true quality film isn't a garage business. And there hasn't been
much r&d in improved, even less in "new" b&w emulsions.

The idea to use document microfilm with low contrast, highly diluted
developer for pictorial photography isn't new either. Therefore I find
the marketing of Gigabitfilm exaggerated if not misleading. This
strategy may backfire, since Gigabitfilm is adressing the most competent
and ambitious darkroom enthusiasts who might have achieved similar
results with their own developing technique.

On the other hand, the product is no rip-off at all! It is cheaper than
Techpan with Technidol or Neofin Doku and offers Agfa Copex in a
convient 35mm cartridge.

Hans-Peter

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] exploring the limits)
Reply from "Jerry S. Justianto" <jsjm6@cbn.net.id> ([Leica] Site Moves)