Subject: [Leica] Photos from a Paris workshop
From: "Mark_E_Davison" <Mark_E_Davison@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:50:37 -0800

This September my wife and I took a photography workshop in Paris. The event
was sponsored by Leica, and led by Ralph Gibson.

The workshop was interesting, and very intense. We alternated classroom
work, field work and visits to various exhibits playing in Paris at the time
(Atget and Irving Penn were the highlights for me.)

Some of my better shots can be found at
http://communities.msn.com/MarkEDavison, in the Paris 2000 folder. No blood,
and plenty of shots of buildings. I was trying to figure out what people
mean by Paris as the city of light, and what they mean when they say Paris
is feminine. In addition we had class assignments (academic nude studies,
Rodin sculpture garden, Pere La Chaise (sp?) cemetery), and Gibson asked me
to think about what atonality would mean in photography, so I went in search
of visual dissonance, and found plenty.

Enjoy.

Mark Davison