Subject: Re: [Leica] American Photo
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:26:27 EST

American Photo began as American Photographer in the Mid-Seventies. It's
first editor was Sean Callahan, who originally worked at Life Magazine. I
think it has been through a couple of different ownerships since then.
Callahan was not a photographer, but a lover of photography, and a
photography critic. He was quite a collector as well. I got to know him a bit
when I met him at a short course shortly after the magazine was started. I
visited his apartment in New York, and the magazine offices as well, and his
walls were covered with black and white photographs he'd collected over the
years.

Scott Stewart