Subject: Re: [Leica] American Photo
From: "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 16:10:33 -0500

Back in my cellar archives I found my last issue of Camera Arts, the one
with the note from Ziff-Davis saying that the management had "accepted an
invitation" from American Photographer to merge... sounded then more like a
sentence to me than an offer, and at that time American Photographer was
more similar to the lamented Camera Arts, which was edited by Jim Hughes,
who I think came to it from Camera35 magazine, or someplace like that. This
is in the early '80s.

I gather from the exchanges that the name Camera Arts survives, and that AP
has morphed into American Photo, which certainly has a way with covers. But
the world is changing (has changed).

Does anybody read/look at Shots, the only photo mag I subscribe to?

bill

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] American Photo)