Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens cleaning advice: thumbprint
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:33:06 -0700

Here is what you NEED to do. First take off all the caps and filters off
your lens. Next take all your clothes off. Now climb into bed with that lens
and do what comes natural. In the morning take the lens into the shower with
you. When you are squeaky clean, it's clean too. Have a nice breakfast,
share a few laughs, the finger print is gone, everybody is happy and every
time you hold that lens you will get a silly smile on your face.

Relax Man :-)

John Collier

PS: I never use UV filters and I just clean the lens when it gets dirty. No
brainer. Use a soft brush or blower, clean lint free material and the
cleaning fluid of your choice. Finally...get real close...breath on it and
give it on last wipe. See....you are smiling already!