Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Linux (was: Help. Mac TCP Locked???)
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 20:01:01 -0800

If you really need industrial strength C++ you'll probably be disappointed in the native compilers for MacOS X. The Metrowerks compilers, however, will work with the production release I believe. The native tool for MacOS X is Objective-C. I believe there is a C++ compiler on the developer tools distribution but I recall it's not that great....AND you don't program easily to the GUI using C++.

With the addition of Maya you should have the industrial strength 3D you want.