Subject: [Leica] [LEICA] Tolerance towards us neophytes, please
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 02:29:50 -0800 (PST)

Dear LUGers,

Start of rant:

I've noticed some intolerance from a few LUGers, without naming anyone
in particular, towards postings that they consider naive or misguided
from other LUGers. One unfortunate effect of this will be to alienate
more sensitive members, even though most of us are probably too
thick-skinned to take any bl**dy notice of the odd grouch. I know of
people who have unsubs*cribed from the LUG because they felt they'd
been snubbed (and I'm not talking about the LEG) - I think they were
wrong, but they did it all the same. I don't know why people join a
mailing list like this if they're not happy with seeing genuine,
on-topic requests, by relative novices, for advice and opinions from
those they consider to be wiser and more experienced.

End of rant.

Regards,

=====
Ray