Subject: Re: [Leica] Rules + new HUMAN TRAFFIC images (kind of) WASDogme95etc
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 09:31:46 -0800

With the Superspeed's rangefinder. Like a previous post on adjusting the
rangefinder, I adjusted for 10 feet, since that's my approximate working distance,
give or take a few feet. I immediately experienced a problem with the
plane of
focus when focusing that close and then composing in the accessory
finder. I found
that by tilting the lens back a little less of a millimeter that I then
had the
plane of focus at the face, and more importantly on the eyes when I
composed for
the torso.
I constantly agonize about getting a linhof for these shoots, which by
the way are
part of a personal project, but the weight is still a deterrent. The
Graphic is
light and with that tilting board, both front and back, it just makes it
easier on
my elbow. Besides, if it falls in the ocean or gets crushed, it won't
too painful.
It's lighter than an EOS or Nikon set-up, never mind the qualitative leap
with the 4x5.

Slobodan Dimitrov