Subject: Re: [Leica] Outfit Opinion
From: Al Edwards <alwards@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:42:23 -0800 (PST)

Never having used the 90 APO, I spoke from a position
of ignorance, so touche (with an accent on that last
'e'). I have tried a pre-APO 90/2, by way of
exculpation.

My skepticism about a 90/2 as a general-purpose lens
comes down to focal length and small framelines in the
.72 M6. Since focusing a 90/2 wide open
is nearly as tough as a 75/1.4 wide open,
I'll take the extra f-stop of
the 75 Summilux, together with what seem like
more reasonable framelines and a more entertaining
focal length, to my way of thinking. (I put as many
qualifiers in that last sentence as I think it can
take.)

Cheers,

- -Al