Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 1 is Up
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 14:29:31 -0500

At 12:53 PM 1/5/01 -0500, Martin Howard wrote:
>I love the little bent figure just out of focus in the background

That's Nicole (3 yr. 9 mo.)

>and the poise of the foreground girl with her hand extended.

and Elizabeth (2 yr. 7 mo.)

I like the shot because it is one of the few that I have where they aren't
little blurs in the frame. I think the cold slowed them down a bit. ;)

>Great tonality in that Jupiter.

I'll admit I am very impressed with it. I got it from the LUG's own
Stanislaw Stawowy in a lens trade that we are both happy about. Like my
Jupiter 9 it doesn't have that buttery smooth Leica handling and probably
isn't near as much of a thrill to use, but the images that they both
produce make up the difference in what Leica glass would have cost me up
front.

I'm just a kid of 33 years...I've got many years to spend Nicole and Beth's
college education fund on Leica equipment. At least they'll have some ok
childhood photographs.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube