Subject: Re: [Leica] [LEICA] Tolerance towards us neophytes, please
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:55:53 -0800

At 8:45 PM -0500 1/5/01, Martin Howard wrote:
>Ted jotted down the following:
>
>>  OK now ask your questions! ;-)
>
>I have a chrome 35mm ASPH lens on a black chrome camera.  Should I use
>tartan or paisley underwear to clean my UV filter?

Whichever you don't think you'll need anymore. As you well know after
all the UV filter discussions, UV filters aren't fussy. However,
before you bring your lurid shorts near a -real- lens, bleach the
hell out of them. Wouldn't want your images to be henceforth overlaid
with a tartan or paisley patter.

OTOH, might be just the thing for Eric the Red photos.

On a more normal (or rather, photographic) topic, the sun came out a
bit and mostly the overcast was only light, instead of the visual
concrete we've had for the past week. A couple of days ago, at 2pm I
took a picture out in the open, under our 'sky', and the exposure was
1/30sec at f/1.4 with 400ISO film. It's enough to make you want to
carry a flashlight (hand torch) for supplemental lighting!

Fortunately, in the past while most of my paid shooting has been
indoors, where it isn't so dark.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design