Subject: Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systmes
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 16:38:49 -0000

Both systems offer top class lenses.  The Contax is certainly a better value
if dollars are important in the decisison.  On the other hand Contax SLR's
are notably more prone to shutter breakdown body and wear. The finishes on
the SLR's just don't hold up as well over time (in my experience).  Finally,
the availablity of used equipment/lenses is better with Leica in most cases.

Try both brands, pick the one that feels the best. You won't go wrong with
either.

Best wishes
Dan States