Subject: Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systmes
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2001 15:10:02 -0800

On Sat, 06 January 2001, "Wilber Jeffcoat" wrote:

> ROM glass I do
> believe will not work on the SL and SL2 (is that correct- mount fits- but
> something about cams-is that right) but all the glass prior will work on the
> R8.

Yes that is correct AFAIK but many ROM lenses can be converted to 3-cam by removing the ROM and adding Leicaflex metering cams.  I've never used a ROM lens but I expect that they alos have R-only mounts so that they cannot be put on a Leicaflex.  Of course this would be changed to a Leicaflex mount if the lens is converted to 3-cam.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!