Subject: [Leica] inspiration...
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 18:17:49 -0500 (EST)

>Of course, it's Saturday morning as I write this, and I've yet to
>shoot any film this week.  I've got to get my butt in gear, because I
>thought I'd try this, too.  I'm uninspired this morning, however.
>Outside is a mess.  We're getting the first above-freezing temps in a
>month, and the place is turning into an ugly mess.  (During the month
>of December, we had 7 hours above 32 F, according to the news.)

linda and i have a friend who's from hiroshima who's a photographer. when
she's in philly she's nuts for taking pictures, everything inspires her
but when she goes home to see her parents, she doesn't even take a camera,
she doesn't see any photos there. and there's certianly something to be
said for fresh places giving you ideas. for the last couple months i've
been looking through my house going "jeez, there's nothing here that i can
take a photo around."

>I think my life must just be boring compared to Kyle's.  Either that,
>or I put my money into a lens instead of beer and concert tickets, and
>that's the difference!

could be both. but there's a way to meet interesting people, meet them. go
to a tattoo show. go to a meeting of the "second ammendment sisters".
those people are just out there waiting to be found.

kc