Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm recommendations: Apo-Lanthar question
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:21:01 -0500

Rob McElroy jotted down the following:

> Do you know if the new Voigtlander 90mm/f3.5 Apo-Lanthar is using the
> lanthanum glass that the original 1960's large format Apo-Lanthar lenses used?
> The sharpness and contrast of these large format lenses is quite legendary but
> they have a distinct yellow cast, easily visible when looking through the
> lens.

Could someone please explain to me how a supposedly apochromatically
corrected lens managed to throw a yellow cast on everything it puts on the
film?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "Ice cubes would melt in her mouth.
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |  That's how cold she was."
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |        -- Radio ad for new TV show.

Replies: Reply from Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net> (Re: [Leica] 90mm recommendations: Apo-Lanthar question)