Subject: [Leica] Re: Week 1 is Up
From: "Marshall, C.R." <C.R.Marshall@uwsp.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:22:41 -0600

>From: Rob Studdert [mailto:audiob@ozemail.com.au]

>This little element is my stumbling block to consider participating, my
turn-
around (shutter click to print) is relatively slow due to my lab
requirements
and my discontinuous film usage (ie multiple M bodies and SLRs). As such I
can't guarantee that I will finish/process any one roll in a week and it
seems
a waste of sorts to ditch frames to make a weekly deadline (for a non-pro).

The multiple bodies problem should only be a problem at startup.  Even if
you have a three week turnaround time, this week's shutter click will be the
picture of the week three weeks from now. Just shoot enough to finish a roll
in one of the bodies each week. Remember, the challenge said: You have too
much equipment and don't shoot enough pictures.

I will probably be late when I am grading term papers or away at a
conference.  You wont get fired or banished from the list if you are late.

I am still shooting mostly Nikon equipment, and am trying to make it through
the year without a new equipment purchase.  If I manage a picture a week and
no new equipment this year, I plan on rewarding myself with a Leica this
time next year.

C.R. Marshall
Week one is at:
http://my.voyager.net/~cmarshal/pow2001.htm