Subject: [Leica] Re: ??
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:53:47 -0800

Godfrey, I wasn't behind you. I was following somebody  but it wasn't a
BALUGGER! I eventually realized I was totally lost so I called the
restraunt. They sent me to 3rd. & Edwards. I never found Edwards St. I drove
all around the 3rd. St. district and asked at a few places. Nobody knew
anything. Eventually, I figured you were half way thru dinner. I was so
discouraged I just headed back to Fairfax where there are only two streets
with restraunts. i still would like to know where CRB is so I can see if I
drove right by it.

I feel pretty dumb for getting lost in San Mateo. I don't do so well in the
dark in strange cities.

I really had a great time meeting everybody at the show and at the Prince of
Wales. I'll be able to wash the Black Star Pale Ale off my RC prints. It's
good your beautiful pezios or Byron's FB's didn't get the bath.What happened
at the dinner, fish sauce on the Noctilux?

It will be interesting to see how many printable images come from all those
rolls being shot wide open at the Prince of Wales. (Your Rollei 35 flash
shots are disqualifoed on two counts.) Maybe the BALUG should be re named
KEEPERS OF THE DARK.

Did you know I handed my M3 to John Sexton at the show and he took a group
shot of some of us BALUGGERS? Maybe he will put it in the next calendar if I
print it real nice.

Thanks for inquiring about me. Next time I'll get a local guide.  I'll post
this to LUG.

Best regards, Bill Lawlor