Subject: [Leica] Tmax
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:05:24 -0700

Tmax technology involves smaller, more uniform silver crystals: Agfa APX400
grain looks huge compared to Tmax 400's! Tmax 100 grain is extremely fine,
to the extent that I have a hard time seeing it through a magnifier.

Unless I'm looking to deliberately manipulate the contrast, I generally
expose and rotary-process Tmax 100 and 400 per Kodak's datasheet J109 and
get good tonality (I would certainly not characterize these films as being
inherently contrasty, but if it's strong contrast you want, try
push-processing Tmax 100 to 400), but getting the prints to really sparkle
has taken printing practice and helpful hints along the way! The 120 and
4x5 Tmax films have slightly different processing requirements but I've had
good consistent results across the board.

Jeff Segawa
NO ARCHIVe