Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: No Need to Trim
From: Andrew Moore <dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:19:54 -0500 (EST)

> A)  remove the lens and base plate
>
> B)  turn the shutter to "T" and press the release.  (This locks the shutter
> open.)
>
> C)  attach the untrimmed film to the spool, and insert both, carefully,

I should have read further.  This is exactly what I've been doing for
years.  It's never failed, and although it may seem cumbersome, you get
used to it.  Sort of like loading an M3, I imagine, but a little worse.

> Never had a problem.  And it's much less of a pain than trimming that
> leader.

Never thought about that.  Good point.  Also, labs might be confused by an
extra long leader (myth?)