Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: No Need to Trim
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:17:52 -0800

>> Whyever would you so worry?  Peer envy?
>> Marc
>
>Hi Marc,
>     No, more like 'nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong....'  I'm
>clumsy at making those long leaders with scissors.  Then the bad cut
>could cause the film to slip from the hanger...  Do 35mm labs cut those
>leaders off before processing, sometimes, usually or what?
>Rich Lahrson

That depends on the religion and personal preferences of the client.

I for one like my film trimmed, though others feel their film is perfect
"intact" and reject trimming; they do not wish to inflict any undue trauma
on that bit of plastic sticking out of the canister.

I've never noticed any drop in sensitivity as a result of film leader being
trimmed. Nor does the film hang in a limp curl when processed. It performs
exactly as untrimmed film, though the width is narrower.

I've heard that some women may feel differently than men on this question.

Guy Bennett
Los Angeles, CA

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> ([Leica] M-mount 50mm Summitar - is there any such a thing?)
Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: No Need to Trim)