Subject: Re: [Leica] Yasuhiro Ishimoto
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 23:34:45 EST

In a message dated 01/08/2001 5:43:21 AM, AppleMac97@aol.com writes:

<< The Art Institute of Chicago had a retrospective on Yasuhiro Ishimoto  a
few
years ago.  His photographs of street life in various neighborhoods of
Chicago were stunning.  I think he is more well known in academic circles.
Most contemporary photographers are not aware of his work.

Muhammad,

I'm sorry I missed the exhibit, it would be wonderful to see his original
prints.  I was deeply moved by his photos and think it's a shame more people
are not aware of him.  I would urge all you LUGnuts out there to seek out the
book(which I got at Calumet).

Richard Wasserman