Subject: [Leica] Re: Backsaver Sizes ??
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 14:40:15 -0800

I have the large.

It holds, in two, 2 hole Billingham inserts, two M6's with RapidWinders,
one with a 35/1.4 ASPH attached, the other with a 50/1.4 attached. My wife
modified the inserts by unstitching one side of the divider and reattaching
it to one corner thus giving a large triangular pocket for the
M6/Winder/Lens, and a small triangular pocket which holds three rolls of
film. Between these two M6 Billingham pockets, is a single Billingham
pocket which holds a 75/1.4 and a 24 ASPH, butt to butt. There are numerous
flat pockets on the inside that hold filters, cleaning cloth, note book,
pen & pencil pocket, and enough room on the back side of the major bag
divider to hold books, small binder, folders, papers, catalogs, instruction
books, whatever one wants. On the outside of the bag are full length
pockets, one zippered, one Velcro for tons of stuff, and on one end of the
bag, outside and inside, is a pocket for your cell phone and/or palm pilot.

For my Hasselblad, it carries, a single Domke pocket with a 40CFE and
80CFE, butt to butt, and on the outside of the pocket is my Hasselblad
203FE with PM5 prism and 110FE attached, facing down resting on the lens
cap and the lens shade inverted over the lens, the prism toward the Domke
pocket. There is room for filters and film, plus lots of flat stuff, phone,
Palm, etc.

The bags seem to be 16" long, 12" high, and 7" wide at the bottom, tapering
a little as you go up.

I bought my first about five years ago and it is leather. I bought my
second last year and they only have the ballistic nylon now, which is
actually better than the leather model.

Jim