Subject: [Leica] ebay advice needed
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:41:57 -0500 (EST)

hey kids,

now PLEASE, i can see this turning into a posting storm and veritable
poker game of bickering in a five hundred mile thread that no one really
gives a ding about but everybody needs to add something to, so i beg you:
"respond to me _off list_ and i'll post a summary of the advice back to
the LUG for all to read in a couple days."

that said.

it's time for my M3 to go. we've had nothing but mutual bad feelings since
we met and it got to the point, well, let's just say, words were
exchanged. anyway. since we all know that there's nothing so valuable that
you can't get more for it on ebay, i've decided ebay's the way to go with
it. thing is, i have a bunch of crap that goes with it that i'd like to
sell as well and i don't know if i'll get a better return for it as a
"beginner leica package" or selling the whole thing piece by piece. i
have no ebay experience as a seller and i know many of you do, so i defer
to your vast collective wisdom. i want to get rid of:

1 SS leica M3, nice user condition. recently CLA'd and recovered 2 weeks
ago, made beautiful by youxin.

1 28mm kobalux 3.5 and finder LTM

1 35mm 3.5 cannon summaron LTM

1 sm to M adapter

1 MR meter, butt ugly

and if you're going to recommend that i break it up, do i break up the
28mm and the finder? the LTM lens and the adapter? and if your expertise
tells you i'll make more breaking it up, any idea how much? it's obviously
worth $100 to me not to have to mail six different packages.....

thanks for your time,

kyle

p.s. also, do you think i would get appreciably more if i threw in some
nudie pix i took with the camera?

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> (Re: [Leica] ebay advice needed)
Reply from "julianthomas.terra.es" <julianthomas@terra.es> (Re: [Leica] ebay advice needed)
Reply from "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: ebay advice needed)