Subject: RE: [Leica] Cosina still at it
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:46:17 -0800

Jem.. the M mount patents are long over.  There is no protection anymore.
The rest of the world makes LTM lenses for some obscure marketing reason
that I for one, can not fathom.  Yes there are  more potential buyers, but
ask this simple question....

How many total LTM cameras were made?  about a Million.  Hom many M Mount?
about 2 million.  The older cameras have been used(up) and are not all
available for shooting, making their 1 Mil a lot smaller.  So why make
lenses for cameras that don;t work and offer a smaller market?

Simple... the Asian market ADORES the LTM.  and the adapter does allow use
on a M mount.

What I don;t understand is why they don;t offer the lens in M mount as
well... something that does not fall off the lens and sticks like glue to
the camera when removing a lens....??

Tom A.... any insight why no M mount lenses from Cosina?

If I were King, I would fire the guy who suggested the idea of LTM lenses.
If I were King of Leica, I would have the guy flailed before drawing and
quartering.  Then fire him.  ( of course, simple desire to keep afloat and
get any cash flow moving is what drives stuff like null series, LTM ASPH
lenses, etc.  This stuff makes no forward sense, it is only used to keep the
mark (pun intended) afloat.)

OK enough, gotta take some PIX with my LTM 15 on my M6. Hope the adapter
doesn;t stick to the body.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com> (RE: [Leica] Cosina still at it)