Subject: [Leica] Don't be the slave of your Leica( was : Classic M Bag )
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:46:45 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 10/01/01 02:46:48 Paris, Madrid,
david.rodgers@xo.com a écrit :

<< FWIW, the best way to transport the M is to use no bag at all. Over the
 years I've learned that bags just get in the way with the M system (I still
 use them with SLR gear).

 Transporting is indeed an issue. On a plane, I'll put the body and lenses in
 whatever hand luggage I'm carrying. But whenever possible I have the body
 and one lens slung around my neck. The beauty of the M system is that it's
 always at the ready.

 I don't mean this to poke fun. I tried toting around bags for years. Never
 found one that was perfect, or as good as none at all. It was tough to wean
 myself of always toting around the latest and best bag. But I've found that
 the less I carry, the better I photograph.

 Dave

I completly agree with you Dave . As much as I can , I do carry my M gear in
the side pockets of my pants ( lenses ) .
When I travel , I try to select pants or shorts with wide side pockets ( mil
type ) .
If I have a second M6 to carry , for example loaded with another type of film
, I 've got a small belt/ waist pocket .
In the car , I sometimes "drive by shooting " , so my cameras simply stay on
a small foam pad between the front seats .
At the end of the day , you'll be tired of loading / unloading the cameras in
a bag , and you'll miss good pictures .
But the best route on vacation , is one body / one lens at a time : then
you're a free man !

Jo Goodtimes , France .
Live Free or Die.