Subject: Re: [Leica] [LEICA] Do you like your P&S?
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:46:50 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 10/01/01 11:33:14 Paris, Madrid, ray_moth@yahoo.com
a écrit :

<< Hi, LUGers

 I've owned a reasonably well-featured P&S for the past 3 years: a Leica
 Mini Zoom. This camera has a particularly good 35-70mm lens, for
 sharpness and contrast, although it can be very prone to flare. It has
 auto-focus and auto-exposure program mode only, with absolutely no
 feedback on anything the camera has decided for itself. It's got some
 override features (flash off, flash on, infinity & no flash, +2ev,
 pre-flash to avoid red-eye, etc.) but I find the degree of control
 inadequate. The built-in flash has the usual problems of being fixed
 and underpowered. The viewfinder is good but not great.

 My problem is, I think I'm developing an aversion to this camera! Even
 though its results can be very good, I don't feel confident using it.
 I'd much rather lug my R7 with a few extra lenses in a bag than use the
 Mini Zoom. It's uncomfortable, fiddly, unfriendly and uninspiring.

 Do others have similar feelings about P&S cameras?

 Regards,

 ===== >>
Buy a Minolta HI Matic  . For around 15 bucks you have a camera with a very
good lens and you can very easily adapt the same batteries as your M6 : cost
: the price of the batteries , 2 small Hex nuts , and 2 small pieces of
rubber hose .
By the way the Hi Matic is a very silent camera , and it's got a Rangefinder .

Jo Goodtimes , France .
Live Free or Die.