Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux and obstruction of viewfinder, which is the best ?
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:07:06 -0800

For many years I used a IIIg with a Summarit f1.5 lens and its hood.   The
hood had an open see through slot at the top left, but, the Summarit blocked
a great part of the lower right of the viewfinder.   I don't recall a
problem with the blockage.   Probably, I was taking the picture with both
eyes open and the left eye provided a view of what was blocked from the
right eye.

With my Noctilux on my M3 or my M4-2, the blockage does not seem noticeable
unless I am trying to see it.

Roland Smith
roland@dnai.com