Subject: Re: [Leica] The Joy of BD's Darkroom
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2001 08:36:36 -0800

On Thu, 11 January 2001, goldman@math.umn.edu wrote:

>     A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of lunching with BD and
> looking at a batch of his piezo prints.  It was a revelation.  As soon as
> I can find sufficient time, Iım going to a digital darkroom.

<SNIP>

>     BDıs prints, content and quality, were really good and I would
> never have guessed that they were digital prints.
>     I also forsee all kinds of possibilities with the computer.  I can
> make a page for a book or album with several pictures of different sizes
> and all laid out as I want it.  I know this can be done by more primitive
> means and for those who love that way, fine.  Iım going digital.
> Jay

Jay,

I reached the same conclusion after first seeing LightJet prints a couple of years ago.  Not to denigrate the skill involved in traditional darkroom work, but for me digital is the best way to present my photos.  The degree of control over the photo is phenomenal and for the first time I'm able to make my prints look like my Kodachromes.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!