Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The Joy of BD's Darkroom
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:56:26 -0500

on 1/11/01 1:55 PM, Mark_E_Davison at Mark_E_Davison@email.msn.com wrote:

> Steve,
>
> How is the E-10 for low light work? I have an Olympus C-3030 which I use for
> some "instant photo" applications, but the speckle noise I get in low light
> situations has kept me using the Leica. Also, how is the shutter lag. Can
> you catch the decisive moment?
>
> Mark Davison
> Seattle WA USA

Mark:

IE equivalent is 320, C-3030 is 400, so it is not a black cat in coal bin
camera even with f2 lens that has great sharpness and contrast.  The noise
level, in an image, is not bad and very controllable in PS.  No shutter
lag...push and light blinks picture made, yes you can catch decisive moment
and at 3.5fps.  This is not true in RAW mode which takes time to process to
recording medium.
Next generation, I understand will have higher equivalent IE, larger buffer
memory and wider lens.

Good pixels/good images,

Steven Alexander