Subject: RE: [Leica] Montreal LUGgers unite!
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:18:46 -0800

>Emanuel,
>
>Once the weather improves, maybe the Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto LUGers can
>meet in Kingston on a Saturday or Sunday for more of the same?
>
>Ken

Ken,

Does the weather improve in Toronto?

Guy

*Actually, I know for a fact that Toronto weather *does* improve, as I
visited that fair city 2 or 3 years ago between Christmas and New Years. It
was a blisteringly hot winter, so I was told - the temperature only got
down to about 0°. Within minutes of leaving the hotel for dinner the first
evening, I had no feeling in my ears, my eyes got bleary and the cold air
seemed to scrape at my lungs like sandpaper. I understood that this was a
mild winter the next day, when I saw many a Torontoan sipping coffee at
outdoor terraces in shortsleeved T-shirts and jeans. They explained that
the winter before, temperatures sank to about -40.