Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FD Leica adapter
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:45:47 -0500

Roy Zartarian jotted down the following:

> One caveat: the converter as originally packaged included a little plastic
> piece that had to be inserted into the rear of the lens so that the aperture
> would stop down when the lens was mounted on the adapter.  You'd need that
> part for full functionality.

Isn't it amazing how many thing are design with one critical piece in
plastic?  The one piece which is absolutely guaranteed to fail, and which
I'm sure would not add significantly to the cost of the final item if it
were manufactured in a more durable material?  It always amazes me that you
get things like titanium-shelled cameras with a mode selector in plastic.  I
can only assume that things are *designed* to fail.

M.

- --
Martin Howard              | There's a culture here which dictates that
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU| anyone who walks more than a few paces must
email: howard.390@osu.edu  | either be too poor to own [a car], clinically
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/ | insane, or British.    -- David Willis, BBCWS