Subject: [Leica] OT: Paypal scam
From: Denton Taylor <denton@asan.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:55:27 -0500

Sorry but I know a lot of us photo types are paypal customers. I have just
received the following email:

Dear PayPal customer,
Due to technical problems we need You to confirm your E-mail Address and
Passwor
d, just
click on the following link and enter your E-mail Address and Password:
http://secure.paypal-services.com
If your E-mail program has problems with hypertext links,
you may also copy the above link and paste it into your browser.
If you need help, please contact customer service by email
at service@paypal-services.com
Thanks for using PayPal

This has all the makings of a big-time scam. A whois lookup shows
paypal-services.com in Australia. I'd bet the guy has been searching ebay
for those who accept paypal. Great scam tho...

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at