Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 meter
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:35:11 EST

 There was an early series of M6's (below #168xxxx) that had problem with the
meter circuit. The good thing was that it showed up quite quickly and Leica
was aware of it and serviced/replaced the circuit in the cameras under
warranty. I had two early bodies and one died within a week and the other one
is still going strong, almost 13 years later! My feeling is that if you find
one of these bodies today and the meter is still working, it means that it
has either had the circuit board changed or it did not have the problem and
should continue to work for a long, long time.
Tom A