Subject: RE: digital workflow (was: Re: Re:[Leica] The Joy of BD's Darkroom --- DG darkroom)
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:28:48 -0500

> I save unsharp mask for the last Last LAST step before printing.  I resize
first to the > largest print size I'll wnat,

A STRONG suggestion.  Make sure you do not have 'resample image' checked.
Size your image accordingly, and let the DPI fall where they may.  There is
NO magic DPI for your printer.  As long as the DPI is above, say 180 or 240,
you do NOT need to resample.

Personally, I never use USM, but I never resample, and if you don't
resample, you might not want to use USM...unless you have a fuzzy image in
the first place.  Curves/contrast/brightness/touchup etc. are fine though.