Subject: Re: [Leica] Roll you own?
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:27:14 -0600

Tina

>>I used to roll all of my own film but haven't had time lately.  It is a
great money-saver. <<

You hit the nail on the head. Time is money. For quite a while I bulk
loaded. It got to be very time consuming. You'd think the more a person
shoots, the more they save loading from bulk. I found it's just the
opposite. It wasn't a big deal to load my own cartidges when I only shot a
couple of rolls a month. But the more I shot, the more cumbersome it became.
It got to be a real chore. I grew sloppy. I had some mishaps.

The final straw was when I  rolled 100' of TMX thinking it was TMY. I shot
most of it before I developed any and realized my mistake. I still bulk load
occasionally, but mainly to have shorter rolls - 12-15 exp. They come in
handy sometimes.

Dave