Subject: [Leica] Hippocrates M6 + 21mm r/f conversion
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 08:00:44 -0000

RP,

If you've heard of this ;-) then I've seen the prototype, though the
engraving work has yet to be started.
My local dealer has a few ersatz top plates from interesting M6s, (some of
them limited production, some prototypes) one of them being black teflon
(true). I suspect they went no further with it due to being unable to glue
the v/f and r/f windows in place but if you want to experiment with
finishing what Leica tried to start then he's happy to sell, contact me for
his details.

On the 21mm topic. Can anyone say what might happen with the
Abrahamsson/Mueler conversion if the dioptre lens in fornt of the r/f
window was eliminated? My mind is struggling to think why this couldn't
solve the problem of the loss of r/f focusing.
The v/f window would show a 20mm frame (near enough) and the focusing would
remain unaltered wouldn't it? (apart from the reduced effective base length
due to the new magnification of the v/f image)

Any thoughts?

Jem