Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/1.4 v. /2 question
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 19:33:43 EST

George, at $ 400 difference - go for the 35/1,4 Asph. It is a benchmark lens
in that focal length! If the size does not bother you, you can't go wrong.
The 35/2 Asph is a good lens, but it is no "quantum" leap from the 3rd
generation Summicron. The 35/1,4 on the other hand is a stunning lens and
even wide-open it is crisp and contrasty. I keep alternating between the f2's
and the 35/1,4 Asph and I can see the difference in the negs between them.
The fact that you think that you are going to use it between f4 and f11
doesn't matter. You will be shooting things with the 35/1,4 at 1,4 just
because you can!
Tom A