Subject: [Leica] Re: Reala
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 23:53:29 -0800

> Superia Reala = Reala
>
> The "Superia" label was added to put the film in line with the consumer
> Superia films (that superseded the Super G films). The emulsion is
> identical to "Reala", however.
>
> Those marketing boys and girls will never learn I guess.

I know for a fact that the Superia 100 is different from the Reala 100.  I
might have it mixed up:  the Reala may also be called Superia Reala; in
which case Superia is simply Superia.  (Oy, these guys at Fuji know how to
make life easy, don't they.)  Whatever the nomenclature, there are two
distinct films; one superior (although not Superia); the other inferior.