Subject: Re: [Leica] Snow white????
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:54:07 -0500

At 11:54 AM 1/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Some one on the list has the Snow White Virus, it keeps sending it's self to
>everyone on your mailing list. Can I suggest that everyone run a virus scan
>so we can get rid of this once and for all.
>Cheers Wilber

For the last several weeks someone(s) spoofing the email address
HAHAHA@sexyfun.net have been sending W95 Hybris gen infected files (like
the three named below) about the Net.
The owners of http://www.sexyfun.net/ are making an attempt to stop the
virus spam activities and details on how to protect yourself from this
virus may be found there.

Here are the various file names (from my Norton's activity log) under which
"hahaha" has sent this virus to me personally several times in the last
several weeks. A simple file search of your hard drive should be able to
tell anyone if they have these files. If you do, DONT OPEN THEM, simply get
rid of them and update your virus inoculation application.

D:\E-Mail\attach\joke.exe
was infected with the W95.Hybris.gen virus.
The file was deleted.

D:\E-Mail\attach\dwarf4you.exe
was infected with the W95.Hybris.gen virus.
The file was deleted.

D:\E-Mail\attach\midgets.scr
was infected with the W95.Hybris.gen virus.
The file was deleted.

Capre Luminem,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from "julianthomas.terra.es" <julianthomas@terra.es> (Re: [Leica] Snow white????)