Subject: Re: [Leica] 12cm f4.5 Summar lens query-anyone familiar with it?-Erwin?
From: Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:25:55 -0500

Thanks Jem,

The aperture settings on the 12cm Summar are marked in Stoltze guide numbers, which run 2, 4, 6, 12, 24, 48, 96.  The lens is all black, is engraved
E. Leitz Wetzlar, Summar f=12cm 1:4.5, has no serial number, and has a small white decal with black letters that says "Germany".  It looks more like a
1930's or 40's lens rather than a turn of the century lens AND the lens is coated which should place it in the 1940's or later.

I hope someone can enlighten me with some additional info.

Thanks again,
Rob McElroy
Buffalo, NY