Subject: RE: [Leica] Snow white????
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:20:44 -0800

Hey. you're right, Martin.  Making a  program "idiot-proof" is never a goal for software developers.  Meeting deadlines get you the bonuses.  Leaving in the bugs gives you job security.  Let the idiots of the universe look out for themselves, I always say.

Customer:  "Your application crashes whenever I press Enter."
Tech Support:  "We recommend you avoid using that key for now, ma'am.  The problem will be fixed in our next $100 upgrade."

The universe is winning insofar as most of those bigger, better idiots seem to be getting jobs as programmers.  And I say that as a software development manager.

Paul