Subject: [Leica] Re: Minox 35 focus
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:40:50 -0800

The scale focus on the Minox 35  (a Leitz owned company, BTY) is a
guestimate setting. The same goes for the superb Rollei 35 series. It is
actually pretty easy to get good estimates with some practice. In my case I
have to cope with one camera in feet and the other in meters! It is faster
than using a M rangefinder or a slr under many conditions. Also, many Leica
users use scale focus or tab position for fast street photography.

I have a Ricoh GR1 with autofocus and AE. It "blows" accurate focus with
quick shots more often than the manual cameras.

Bill Lawlor