Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting children with M6 -- HELP
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:20:15 -0500

Henry Krzciuk jotted down the following:

> I just couldn't focus fast enough and missed so many great shots.  Went to the
> zoo and shot more outside stuff with greatly varying light which added time to
> setup the f stop.

Zone focus.  Also, when the light is varying, is usually varies between a
few (two or three) different levels.  Keep track of what those are by
measuring the light level beforehand with an incident meter.  Then adjust
shutter speed when the light varies.  Shoot negative film, trannies are too
slow (require more precise exposure).

Alternatively, find a camera that has aperture-priority auto-exposure.  Zone
focus, and forget about light levels: let the auto figure that out.
However, unusually high or low subject reflectance can throw off the meter.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | eVolving      eMergent     eThereal
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | eNthusiasm    eVanescent   ePhemeral
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | eFficacious   eMbryolic    ePochal