Subject: [Leica] 75mm f1.4 Summilux-M
From: "goldframe" <goldframe1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:49:14 -0700

Henry Ambrose writes:

The 75 is a very useful lens for me more than the 90...
IMO, it has the most beautiful and smooth OOF rendition of any current lens
It is crackling sharp with some kind of creamy smoothness that seems
contradictory to its sharpness...

Austin Franklin writes:

It is my most used lens on my M...
One thing that the Leica 75/1.4 does better than any other lens is bokeh,
and since I shoot wide open most of the time, it's an exceptional lens.
Anyone who 'dismisses' this lens for any reason (well, except cost) is
foolish.

You gents know how to whisper the right things.  I'm really drooling now.
And I'm surprised to hear that you (both??) use the 75mm focal length
frequently.  I take it you use the 75mmas a general use lens too??

In the books that I have from Brian Bower (3) and Jonathan Eastland (1)
about the M, I have not found one photograph that is attributed to the 75mm
M.  Since you both have alluded to the OOF and the B**** word, it seems that
this lens would be almost a signature lens for Leica.?  Do you know if in
fact this lens is one that Leica makes very few of???

gold