Subject: [Leica] 35 1.4 vs 2.0
From: Loh Kar Wai Wesley <wesley@memphiswest.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:22:03 +0800

Dear Sirs,

I was on the 35 ASPH Summicron for about 8 months before switching to the 35
ASPH Summilux, primarily due to the fact that it is a full stop faster
enabling me to shoot in hotel rooms at f/1.4 1/8s instead of 1/4s. I used
the Summicron primarily for BW weddings (and the occasional funeral) and I
shoot regularly in churches and dark hotel rooms. The Summicron is cheap,
petite and the hood doesn't block the .72 viewfinder.

I don't like the hood on the Summilux, it blocks the finder. The lens feels
a lot longer than the Summicron. Mounted on camera, both feels good, and
nobody other than Leica fanatics would notice that you've got a lux instead
of a cron.

Speaking of which, I use a 75 on an .85 body, and again nobody really gives
a hoot about the fat lens. really.

if you need the extra stop, go for it.

Kind regards
Wesley Loh