Subject: Re: [Leica] kids? leica? a stern reprimand from the PLUG
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:12:07 -0800

Kip Babington wrote:

> <<<<<Bravo, Kyle.  I agree (almost) completely with this philosophy, which is
> why
> I've gone to AF Nikon fast zoom lenses for capturing my daughter jumping
> horses over fences.  I just couldn't get a decent percentage of keepers with
> manual focus lenses on the M6.  No doubt Ted could do better, but I don't have
> enough time to practice (and probably couldn't afford the Leica 2.8 zooms even
> if I had the skill to use them well.)<<<<<<<<<,

Hi Kip,

Thought you might like to know that it doesn't take a lot of practice to shoot
those jumpers,  well some helps. :-) It only takes a 400 2.8 and a 2X extender
focused a few inches in front of the jump cross pole and when she hits the top of
the jump it's just ............ click! ;-)

ted

Message from Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net> (Re: [Leica] kids? leica? a stern reprimand from the PLUG)